Few questions that will probably never be answered, but wth.
1) Why is New Hampshire a part of Maine?
2) Why does Canada have a small square shaped area of OTL Michigan?
3) Why does Louisiana have the western half of the Republic of West Florida like it does OTL?
4) Why is the "South Missouria Province" part of Charoltania and why is it called Missouri when the Missouri River doesn't pass through it?
5) Why is the North Missouria-Mississippi border a curved line instead of a straight line?
6) Why is Kansas so small and has similar northern borders to OTL Kansas?
If you do read this, thanks for answering, and if anyone else reads this and thinks they can answer Id be up for a discussion.
I can answer number one. Maine was founded in 1622 by Ferdinando Gorges and John Mason. Seven years later, it was subdivide between them. Mason named his part New Hampshire and Gorges named his New Somersetshire. Maine then became part Massachusetts and later New Hampshire was split of and became it’s own colony. New Somersetshire kept the name Maine and become a state in 1820.